Scandal in the UK. An important group of artists was invited to participate in the coronation ceremony of Carlos III, but, in response, Buckingham Palace received a “no, thank you” response.
Harry Styles, Adele, Ed Sheeran, Robbie Williams, Elton John and the Spice Girls received the call to celebrate the accession of Queen Elizabeth’s son to the throne, on May 6 in an event that promises to be in style. According to The Sun and The Daily Express, organizers are looking to confirm high-profile musical acts, but so far what they’ve been getting is closed doors.
It was the interpreter of “As It Was” the last one who rejected the royal house of England. He did so politely, while the Spice Girls agreed to give a small performance but then walked out.
Against the clock
“The organizers are working against the clock to put together an exciting line-up, but have faced a number of challenges,” an insider told The Sun, adding that “Elton John was at the top of Charles’ list, but Due to his European tour, which sees him performing in Germany the Friday before and shortly after the Windsor concert, he is unable to rush to the UK.”
It is worth mentioning that Elton was a personal friend of Lady Di, who died in the middle of an infidelity scandal by Carlos III. The circumstances surrounding the death of the Princess of Wales are as bizarre as they are controversial.
“In the meantime, the man of the hour, Harry Styles, is also busy with a tour and is unable to get the key members of the band together as they will be on some much-needed downtime,” the anonymous snitch added.
Now, the invite has been extended to Take That’s Gary Barlow, Mark Owen and Howard Donald to headline the concert, possibly joined by Kylie and Dannii Minogue.
For the occasion, the new King commissioned 12 new pieces of music, including a new Coronation Hymn by Andrew Lloyd Webber, which the composer says includes “words slightly adapted from Psalm 98” and will be performed by the Abbey Choir. Westminster.
The question of a thousand loaches
And while it is resolved who will put the musical note, the big question is whether Prince Harry, son of Carlos, received the invitation to the event.
According to some reports, both Harry and his wife Meghan Markle did receive the invitation. However, the information is not confirmed and it is not known whether, if true, it will be followed; that is to say, it is not known if the black sheep of the royal house will go to the coronation.
It must be remembered that the youngest son of Lady Di and the now king of the distant European country has a media war against his paternal family, for discriminating against his wife and children, as well as for the bad attitudes they had with him.